How To Lay Artificial Grass: DIY vs the Experts
Artificial grass is the ideal way to get a maintenance-free, beautiful green lawn all year round. With less time spent mowing and watering, you can spend more time simply relaxing in your garden either by yourself or with the family. But what about when it comes to laying artificial grass? Many people search for tips on how to lay artificial grass but often, if you want the best results, it can be more beneficial to have the experts install it.
This month at Easigrass Surrey, we’re going to discuss how you can lay artificial grass if you choose the ‘do it yourself’ option, but we’ll also tell you exactly how you benefit if you opt for professional installation.
How to lay artificial grass
Depending on the artificial grass product you have purchased, the installation process may vary. We provide the following process as a general overview of how you might approach the job of laying artificial grass if choosing to do it yourself.
● Remove your old turf or paving first. You need to prepare the area you want to replace with artificial grass, this includes removing turf and paving before then levelling the area off to create the right foundation.
● Get your membrane down. Next, a membrane layer is needed to help prevent weeds. This layer needs to fill your space and be cut accurately to ensure it isn’t visible at the end of the process.
● Don’t forget drainage. A layer of aggregate is needed on top of the membrane to provide adequate drainage.
● Lay and cut the lawn. You’ll need to order over and above the size that you require so that you can roll out the lawn and cut it into your edging so that you don’t get gaps.
● Glue the edges and seams down. To stop the lawn lifting up, you need to glue your artificial grass down. Pinning is another way to do this but may compromise the membrane without fully sealing the lawn either.
There are other factors to consider depending on how far you’re willing to go – including odour-reducing infills and finishing products – but these are the general steps you need to undertake.
As you can see, this can be both time-consuming and risky when it comes to achieving a flawless finish, especially if you’ve never done it before. Why wrestle with intricate measurements and levels when you can leave it to the professionals for guaranteed, high-quality results that last?
The benefits of expert artificial grass installation
A small number of people may choose to go down the DIY route in an effort to try and save money. And while we can fully understand why cost is a real concern for people in the current climate, it can often be a false economy, with additional costs incurred further down the line due to repair or replacement work.
Here are just a handful of the numerous benefits you get when you leave the installation of artificial grass to the professionals:
● Attention to detail – We know what to look out for and how accuracy can yield the best results, especially when it comes to edging and measurements.
● Swift service – Because we provide installation for artificial grass all the time, we minimise how long your garden is out of action.
● Seamless finish – Because we only use quality products, we can provide a realistic lawn with seams glued perfectly for an invisible finish.
● Clean and tidy – Not only will the look of your finished lawn be immaculate, but we’ll clean the area and remove any rubbish so you don’t have to do a thing.
● Not cutting corners – We have all the necessary tools and equipment, including tools specific to the process, ensuring we don’t have to cut corners or “wing it”.
● Resale value – You may not be thinking of moving now, but if you do choose to move, your professionally installed lawn will look as good as new, increasing your potential property value.
If you want a beautifully installed artificial lawn that will last for years to come, look no further than our very own Easigrass Surrey team. With many years of experience, we can provide an efficient, reliable and flawless service for gardens of any size throughout the region – including Guildford, Leatherhead and Farnham.
Call today to book a free survey, get a free sample and find out more about why so many of our customers rate us so highly.